Registration for Dalhousie Community Preschool is open to all Calgary and area children ages 3 and 4. Registration is on a first come first serve basis.
Our school year runs from September to June. We accept ongoing registrations throughout the school year except for December, April, May and June.
A completed registration form and payment is required to secure your spot. If you have any questions, please email our registrars.
*We are no longer accepting anymore new registrations for the 2020/2021 school*
(PLEASE NOTE: The Registrars try to reply to all inquiries within 24 hours. If you do not receive a response within a business day of emailing, please check your junk mail ! We are having challenge with many of our responses being routed to junk mail. Thank you !)
2021/2022 Registration Process
- Application: Apply for a spot at the Dalhousie Community Preschool by filling out the virtual application form, click here to apply
- Acceptance: Our registrar will contact you to confirm your space in class as well as provide you with the next steps required for registration
- Confirmation: Once all required forms and payments are received, your spot will be confirmed and you will be fully registered at the Dalhousie Community Preschool
- Returning Students (children currently enrolled in the program)
- Alumni (siblings of children currently or previously enrolled in the program)
- Dalhousie Community Kindergarten Families (siblings of children currently or previously enrolled in the program)
Opens January 6th, 2021 at 8 am, e-mail our registrar for a spot
- New families
Opens January 26th, 2021, at 9 am, refer to the “2021/2022 Registration Process” on how to register
- Once the pre-registration and open registration dates have passed, any new registrations will be processed on a first come first serve basis.
Please contact our registrar via email with the Subject “2021/2022 Registration” if you wish to enroll your child in our program
Forms and Fees
Fees required upon registration:
- Program fees
- $50 Registration fee
- $100 Volunteering Deposit fee (New for 2021/2022)
- $32 Dalhousie Community Association membership fee
- $160/month for 2 day per week classes
- $200/month for 3 day per week classes
We accept payment by cheque or via e-transfer.
Should you be paying via e-transfer, an Undertaking to Pay will have to be signed and must accompany your registration form.
We have created separate Undertakings for lumpsum and monthly payments. Please ensure you select and complete the correct form.
2021/2022 E-Transfer Undertaking Forms
- Undertaking to Pay – E-transfer (Lumpsum payment)
- Undertaking to Pay – E-transfer (Monthly payments)
*The Preschool operates a wait list system for full classes. A child may be entered onto the wait list for one or more full classes. Should space become available, children will be offered the places in the order which they registered in the wait list. The wait list is available to children currently registered with another Preschool class as well as those not registered for a class. The wait list operates over the course of the entire school year, meaning children may be offered places in classes at any point during that time. Should a place become available and be offered to a child, the full registration process and fees will need to be completed (if the child is not already in a class) to secure the place. If that process is not completed in a timely manner as agreed with the registrar the place will be offered to the next child on the list. For further information regarding wait lists please contact the registrars