Welcome to Dalhousie Community Preschool!
Dalhousie Preschool is a co-operative, parent-run Preschool that operates under the umbrella of the Dalhousie Community Association. It offers a warm and accepting environment for your child to begin his or her school career. Dedicated and experienced teachers and assistants recognize each child as an individual and make him or her feel worthwhile. Our Reggio Emilia inspired, play based program has been serving the community for over 30 years!
All staff are certified teachers or child care providers who are certified in first aid. We have access to the large auditorium/gym at the Dalhousie Community Centre where we play games and use a variety of gym equipment every class.
We have ongoing registration for the 2021-2022 school year, space it limited. If you are interested in our programs, please review all forms and requirements on the Registration page and contact our registrars for availability.
**Subsidies now available, for more information click here**
Open House and Registration for 2022/2023 School Year
- Tuesday January 11th, 2022 from 7-8 pm, Preschool Classroom, Dalhousie Community Centre **adults only, Covid restrictions apply (masking/distancing), proof of vaccination required**
- Thursday January 13th, 2022 from 7-8 pm, online open house, platform TBD
- Virtual Tour of our classroom can be found on the Take a Tour page
- Pre- Registration, opens Tuesday January 4th, 2022 at 9:30 am, online
- Open Registration, opens Tuesday January 25th, 2022 at 9:30 am, online
More information regarding our registration process can be found on the Registration page
- 4 year old class, Mon/Wed/Fri from 9 – 11:30 am
- 3 year old class, Tues/Thurs from 9 – 11:30 am
More information about our classes can be found on the Programs page
The Dalhousie Community Preschool has been featured on the “Best in Calgary” website, listed as one of the best preschools in Calgary. Click here to check out the article.
Dalhousie Community Kindergarten is a program dedicated to providing an exceptional experience to its students. It features an enriched program, offering skating, swimming, music lessons and many more learning adventures while recognizing the importance of strong literacy, science and math skills.
Looking for a Kindergarten program? CLICK HERE!